Merry Christmas folks! First off – thanks for sticking with me through all my rants, raves, ups and downs, posts after
three four glasses of wine, and general chaos. You guys are da best. Since it’s Christmas and all, I thought I’d give you a list of my favorite things for the merriest day of the year – sound like a plan?
1. Napping: you know how you tell yourself that you’re going to nap a lot while on vacay? And then you know how your 8 year old cousin screams in your ear until you wake up? Or your mom asks you to “do one more thing” before you go? Or you can’t freaking sleep anyways because your body is so grown up and use to skipping naps? Yeah.
2. Eating well: Can someone please comment below and tell me I’m not the only one who consistently promises herself that she’ll eat healthy during the holidays and then gains 5 pounds? Between mom’s cooking, sweets, and the obligatory mugs of cocoa, how can we not indulge?
3. White Christmas: don’t you love those photos of white Christmas’s on Pinterest? I love them too and then I realized that they are usually accompanied by slush, frozen fingers, and gorging on more hot cocoa (see above). #southforthewinter
4. Family!: Oh, how I love my family. Seriously I do. Especially but not limited to: a good talking to about what I should do with my life, a too long hug from Uncle Sammy, and 5 giggly toddlers clinging to my legs to “give me exercise”. 🙂
5. Winter Beauty: I always imagine myself with sparkly eyes, blushed cheeks, and perfectly clear skin for the holidays (who am I kidding, I want this every day. Can you blame a sister?). But with cold temperatures, stress, and fluctuating diets, my skin is everything but beautiful. The only thing that makes it slightly less ridiculous is lots of water and face oil.
So there you have it – the cold hard facts about the holidays. But seriously, would they even be the same without these ridiculous things? Probably not. So tell the world to bring it on, buy yourself some slippers, and chug the spiked eggnog when you can’t take it anymore. Life is good, my friends.