Hand writing notes is something that is sorely missed from today’s present world. Long ago, before emails, computers, and texting (I know, can you even remember that time?!), there were these things called letters. I remember my mom receiving these lovely hand written letters from friend in Norway, stuffed with silly stories and pictures of their growing babies. My mom would save these letters and photos in a box and I loved to dig through them from time to time. So, as you can imagine, I love hand written notes. I love all of them: thank you notes, wedding notes, birthday notes, you name it, I’ve done it.
Here’s why you should start writing more notes:
1. It makes other people feel good
2. It reminds you to slow down and appreciate the small things
3. The stationary world is out of control and it’s so much fun to have a collection.
How to start writing more notes:
1. Appreciate the small things: when someone does something nice, write them a note
3. Buy a big packet of awesome stamps so you’ll never run out
4. Keep an address list of all the people you know (I keep mine on Google docs so I can organize them by name and update as needed)